FACE MASK & MULTITASK
Ever dream of actually completing your 25 step skincare routine? ;) From double cleansing to trying something new, now's the time!
- Apply your favourite face mask or do a DIY face mask while you take care of business! Here are just a few of our favourite homemade face mask recipes:
- To nourish and hydrate: 1/2 avocado, 1 tablespoon honey, handful of rolled oats.
- For glowing skin: 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- To soothe acne: 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon honey.
- Don't forget those locks! Here's one of our favorite DIY hair masks from Conscious Coconut
FEEL GOOD AND FIT AT HOME
These days, there are so many ways to keep your fitness on track at home with fitness apps, Youtube workouts, IGTV and more! Here's some of our favourite ways to stay fit at home:
- Get into the flow with some at-home yoga! This is great for mind and body. If you're just starting out, we recommend Yoga with Adrienne - which is a great youtube channel with easy workouts even for complete beginners.
- @lindseyharrod is one of our favourite fitness gurus and right now she's offering a FREE live workout every day on her Instagram channel!
- Les Mills is offering FREE workouts on tvnz on demand and they're also giving away 6 gym memberships for when things get back up and running, so make sure to enter to win while you're at it!
- Tone It Up is always amazing with free workouts on Youtube or you can download their fitness app! They just opened up the Tone It Up App to all new members for FREE for the next month!
Image via @theflexiblechef
Now is the time to nourish your body with healthy, wholesome foods! Bonus, you know every ingredient going into all of your meals. Here's some of our favourite resources for healthy, yummy recipes!
STAY CALM & CARRY ON
We totally get it, self-isolating can bring on uneasy feelings, stress and anxiety. Here are our favourite ways to remain calm, focused and feeling at ease:
- Meditate! You can do this on your own or use an app. Here's a couple of our favorites:
- Headspace (Headspace is offering a free "weather the storm" section to their app)
- Calm (Another great app for meditation and sleep)
- Duolingo (For those who struggle with meditation, language learning helps to work a different part of your brain)
- Not an app person? Light a candle, sit in a comfy place and stare at the flame while you let your mind wander. You're welcome!
DECLUTTER & ORGANISE
Make your space even more enjoyable by taking this time to declutter and get organised. Nothing feels better than relaxing in a clean, clutter-free home!
- Clean out your closet of unwanted items or clothing you haven't worn in over a year. Take this time to reinvent your wardrobe!
- Rid yourself of anything that isn't serving you or bringing you joy.
- Deep clean! Haven't wiped down the window sill in some time? Do it now!
UNPLUG & UNWIND
We absolutely encourage you to stay connected with your family and friends. FaceTime and Zoom are the best gifts ever during this time! However, too much digital exposure during quarantine can start to bum you out, especially with all of the constant media updates. Here are our favourite ways to unplug:
- Read a book
- Go for a walk
- Draw and/or colour
- Have a patio? Sit outside and soak up some vitamin D and fresh air!
- Set up check in times to connect on social and time to be offline (i.e. before bed, first thing in the morning)
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
If you are working from home, remember, it's the small things that make you feel like your day is off on the right start! Here's our checklist to get every morning started off on the right foot before we sit down to log in:
- Make your bed
- Shower, brush your teeth and do your usual skincare routine
- Write a gratitude list (we recommend writing down 3-5 different things every day that you are grateful for)
- Make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, and breakfast!
GET YOUR GLOW ON
Step up your evening routine with COOLA's Sunless Tanning Firming Lotion and our Sunless Tan Face Serum. Just because you are cooped up inside doesn't mean you don't deserve a little extra glow to get you by. Maintaining nightly routines during this time can be a great little pick-me-up. Plus, your skin will be thanking you later!
Many of you are taking the time to self distance and work from home. Since we'll be spending an increased amount of hours in front of screens (ie. Laptops, Tablets, Phones, and TV's) digital protection is a MUST! Check out our four favourite must-have Full Spectrum products HERE. And if you do step outside for that much needed breath of fresh air or walk on your lunch break, you are also protected from UVA and UVB rays with broad spectrum SPF 30. We got you!
We hope these tips and resources help you to stay happy & healthy during this time. We are all in this together and we know there are better days ahead!
The COOLA Team